61: Samyang Spicy Ramen Noodles (quick post)

Sunday, 27 December 2015


I always wanted to try the Samyang Spicy Noodles after watching a few spicy noodle challenges on youtube, and I happened to find the small cup ones at Giant Metrokajang. They were priced at RM5.99 (pretty pricey if you ask me). I wanted to record myself tasting it but it was already late at night when I returned to my hotel room (I had an event earlier) and all I wanted to do was stuff my face in spicy goodness with a can of pepsi to go with it. But boy did I underestimate the spiciness. I tend to lean on spicy foods and thought my palate was able to handle it, but these noodles were verrrrry spicy. It even made my ears pulse and after a few slurps I had to wait 10 minutes for the spice to go down before my next mouthful. The colour itself was quite intimidating as it was bright orange! I had a challenge finishing it but I find it to be worth the price tag after all. I want to search for the large cup and 5 packets next (and make my friends eat some) hehe. 
dat colour though
P/S: I did some research on the halal status of this product, it doesn't have a halal cert from Malaysia because it's usually a little hard to obtain one if it's imported from another country. So after searching, this product has halal certifications in Korea, it's origin country, so I'd say it's safe to eat :)

1 comment :

miszathirah said...

I tried this once (twice actually) and yes it's reallyyyy spicy! Yet still want more (couldn't understand my own tastebud lol)